Who We Are?
Who we are?
The International Institute for Youth Development PETRI– Sofia is established in
- UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund
- The National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria
- Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER)
PETRI – Sofia is a knowledge hub and regional resource center at the National Center of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria that supports youth empowerment in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia and beyond.
Our vision and mission:
PETRI – Sofia envisions a world, where every adolescent and young person is an empowered changemaker contributing to sustainable development.
Our mission is to inspire and support adolescents and young people to become leaders that work for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding, through international cooperation and innovative approaches.
Why are we unique?
PETRI – Sofia Center combine:
- Peer-to-peer education using alternative methods of education (such as theatre-based techniques, role games, simulations, etc.)
- Experience and enthusiasm of fellows from the International network of young volunteers in 52 countries on 4 continents.
- Expertise in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education and consultation.
- Partnership with government institutions.