Who we are?
The International Institute for Youth Development PETRI– Sofia is established in 2007, as a joint initiative of:
- UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund
- The National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria
- Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER)
PETRI – Sofia is a knowledge hub and regional resource center at the National Center of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria that supports youth empowerment in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia and beyond.
Our vision and mission:
PETRI – Sofia envisions a world, where every adolescent and young person is an empowered changemaker contributing to sustainable development.
Our mission is to inspire and support adolescents and young people to become leaders that work for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding, through international cooperation and innovative approaches.
Why are we unique?
PETRI – Sofia Center combine:
- Peer-to-peer education using alternative methods of education (such as theatre-based techniques, role games, simulations, etc.)
- Experience and enthusiasm of fellows from the International network of young volunteers in 52 countries on 4 continents.
- Expertise in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education and consultation.
- Partnership with government institutions.
This Monday and Tuesday (10 – 11th June), the team at the International Institute for Youth Development PETRI – Sofia participated at the 4-day event “Days of non-formal education 2019” which is organized for the second time in Sofia. The event was hosted by the Association “Professional Forum for Education” and it took place at […]
On June 5th 2019, members of the PETRI Sofia team, the EVS volunteer Viktorija from North Macedonia and the International Fellow Nino from Georgia organized a workshop with school students in the school “Hristo Botev” in Gorna Malina. They introduced their roles in the organization and presented Y-PEER Network and its main areas of work, […]
On June 4th 2019, members of the PETRI Sofia team, the EVS volunteers Viktorija and Angela from North Macedonia organized a workshop with high school students in the National High School in Finance and Business in Sofia. They introduced their roles in the organization and presented the Y-PEER Network and its main areas of work, […]
International Institute for Youth Development PETRI – Sofia
National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA)
15 Ivan Geshov Blvd., Floor 2, office 62
Sofia 1431, Bulgaria
Tel./Fax: +359 2/954-6666