Who we are?
The International Institute for Youth Development PETRI– Sofia is established in 2007, as a joint initiative of:
- UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund
- The National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria
- Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER)
PETRI – Sofia is a knowledge hub and regional resource center at the National Center of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria that supports youth empowerment in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia and beyond.
Our vision and mission:
PETRI – Sofia envisions a world, where every adolescent and young person is an empowered changemaker contributing to sustainable development.
Our mission is to inspire and support adolescents and young people to become leaders that work for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding, through international cooperation and innovative approaches.
Why are we unique?
PETRI – Sofia Center combine:
- Peer-to-peer education using alternative methods of education (such as theatre-based techniques, role games, simulations, etc.)
- Experience and enthusiasm of fellows from the International network of young volunteers in 52 countries on 4 continents.
- Expertise in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education and consultation.
- Partnership with government institutions.
We are extremely happy to announce the issuance of the News Bulletin January –June 2018: Y-PEER for Safety and Equality Y-PEER News Bulletin is a visual content-based document, which reports and illustrates activities administered by Y-PEER network on an international level, as well as the national one. The aim of the Bulletin is to enable network members and […]
On the 20th of November 2018, PETRI-Sofia and the International Foundation for Y-PEER Development (IFYD) took part in the “Voice it 2018: Decide with the Children” forum, organized by the National Network for Children with the support of UNICEF Bulgaria. “The Voice it” forum is organized annually to promote children’s and young people’s rights. This […]
PETRI-Sofia and the International Foundation for Y-PEER Development (IFYD) participated in the event “Career with a Cause: Health without Pause”, an expo of civil society organizations which took place in Sofia Tech Park, Bulgaria, on the 10th of November 2018. It is an annual one-day event which provides NGOs with a platform for presenting their […]
International Institute for Youth Development PETRI – Sofia
National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA)
15 Ivan Geshov Blvd., Floor 2, office 62
Sofia 1431, Bulgaria
Tel./Fax: +359 2/954-6666