Who we are?
The International Institute for Youth Development PETRI– Sofia is established in 2007, as a joint initiative of:
- UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund
- The National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria
- Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER)
PETRI – Sofia is a knowledge hub and regional resource center at the National Center of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA), Bulgaria that supports youth empowerment in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia and beyond.
Our vision and mission:
PETRI – Sofia envisions a world, where every adolescent and young person is an empowered changemaker contributing to sustainable development.
Our mission is to inspire and support adolescents and young people to become leaders that work for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality and peacebuilding, through international cooperation and innovative approaches.
Why are we unique?
PETRI – Sofia Center combine:
- Peer-to-peer education using alternative methods of education (such as theatre-based techniques, role games, simulations, etc.)
- Experience and enthusiasm of fellows from the International network of young volunteers in 52 countries on 4 continents.
- Expertise in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education and consultation.
- Partnership with government institutions.
On the 1st of October representatives of the Y-PEER community in Bulgaria organized a workshop in the 90th Secondary School ‘General Hose De San Martin’. Our goal was to put into action the peer-to-peer method by having a group of older students present a contemporary topic to a group of younger students. The older students were a […]
From 06th to 8th of September, members of PETRI-Sofia, the Youth Coordinator Yuliya Andzhekarska from Bulgaria and the EVS Volunteer Angela Georgieva from North Macedonia participated in the Youth Festival – Bulgaria loves young people! #TOGETHER in Veliko Tarnovo, hosted by A-TEAM Association, with the financial support of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Bulgaria. Young […]
On the 12th of August members of the PETRI-Sofia team – the International Coordinator of Y-PEER Anmar Khalid from Iraq and the EVS Volunteer at the International Foundation for Y-PEER Development Angela Georgieva from North Macedonia, participated in an event hosted by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Bulgaria, for celebrating the International Youth […]
International Institute for Youth Development PETRI – Sofia
National Centre for Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA)
15 Ivan Geshov Blvd., Floor 2, office 62
Sofia 1431, Bulgaria
Tel./Fax: +359 2/954-6666